Patton Brothers Move to Tarcutta
15 February 1949 The Tumut and Adelong Times
After a life-long residence at Oak Tree Hill, Goobragandra, Messrs. Harry and William Patton are setting forth to fresh fields and pastures new, having leased 'Cloverdale', one of Mr. James Armstrong's properties at Tarcutta.
The new owners of Oak Tree Hill are Mr. and Mrs. G. A. Ford, of Port Kembla, and Mr. H. Patton feels sure that tho Tumut district will benefit by their coming to re side in our midst as they are a particularly fine couple.
The Patton brothers, themselves, will be much missed as they were excellent neighbours and good citizens, and many good wishes for their success will be with them when the official leasing of 'Cloverdale' begins on March 1.
They will continue their grazing pursuits in a bigger way in this new venture, under different climatic conditions amongst other things but will still retain Tumut as their business centre.