The Tumut (Junction) Bridge

30 December 1893 Australian Town and Country Journal 

Mrs. Brown, wife of Mr. E. G. Brown, M.L.A. for the Tumut, on the 21st instant performed the ceremony of opening the fine new bridge which has been erected at the junction of the Tumut and the Little Rivers, at a cost of about 4000.

There was a large crowd of people pre- sent, and many speeches were made.

The bridge was named "The Shelley," in honor of Mrs. Shelley, the first white lady dwelling in Tumut, but now a resident of Marrickville.