Tumut R.S.L. Buys Land for Club Rooms
16 September 1949 Daily Advertiser (Wagga Wagga)
At a special general meeting of the Tumut Sub-branch of the R.S.L, it was decided to purchase the block of land adjoining the Hotel Tumut at a cost of £2000 for the purpose of building a clubhouse.
The land has a frontage of 132 feet to Russell Street and a depth of 330 feet and members consider that this will be large enough to allow for the proposed activities of the club such as tennis courts, bowling greens, gardens etc.
The club had already obtained a provisional liquor licence and a sub-committee was appointed to make the necessary alterations and additions to the building already on the site to conform with the requirements of the Licensing Act, so the club can be started.
The proper club-rooms will be built as building materials become more plentiful.